Hello Primary Parent,
Our class this year is composed of 18 kids from Grade K-3. For the more academic times of the day, K-2 children will be together, which are only 11 kids. We are getting started with figuring out what the year will look like but here is a snapshot with some reminders.
- Literacy block will take place with word work, journal, building writing, and reading time as our areas of focus.
- Our word work program is changing and once implemented parents in K-2 will be notified.
- Math will involve another center’s approach with the math seeds math program continuing this year. I am hoping to add another rotation this year that would support some free fun math play such as (games, dot-to-dot, coloring, and practicing math fluency activities).
- The afternoons will have various activities from the choice time and gym to buddy time (various activities) with the intermediate class in the afternoon.
- Primary Plan – attached is the schedule.
- Reminder to have a change of clothing for primary kids in their bag, dress for the weather, snowsuits are a must during the winter season, and always bring a smile.
- If you ever need anything from me please email me at email@example.com